Property Management Set Up
In consultation with the client, we will arrange:
- Initial property assessment: achievable monthly rental; furnishings etc.
- Effective Marketing – both locally and nationally as required, including website advertising; window display and signage
- Accompanied Viewings
- Process Tenant Applications including financial and character checks
- Preparation of tenancy agreement in line with current Scottish
- Preparation of inventory (written & photographic)
- Final meter reading details
- Notify appropriate Council Tax Office
- Competitive Buildings and Contents insurance quotations (if requested)
- Advice on Landlord requirements e.g. Landlord Registration; Non Resident Landlord; latest legislation; relevant certificates/safety checks required e.g. Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR), Gas Safety Certificate, Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), Legionnaires Disease Risk Assessment
- Resident Landlord; latest legislation; relevant certificates/safety checks required: e.g. Electrical Period Certificate; Landlords’ Gas Safety
- Certificate; Energy Performance Certificate; Portable Appliance Testing
- Monthly Property Management
In consultation with the client, we will manage the day to day running of your investment. This will include:
- Liaising with Tenants regularly
- Liaison and Co-ordination of maintenance requirements including safety checks/certificates are up to date
- On site inspections to ensure the property and its’ grounds are being maintained by the Tenant
- Rent paid to Landlord by Electronic Banking Transfer on receipt of cleared funds
- Financial Statements produced monthly
- Property Management in absence of Tenant
When the property is vacant, we will carry out a property management service which will include the following:
- Regular inspection of the property
- Where required, ensure that the garden maintenance is carried out timeously (with Landlord agreement)
- As a follow up from the inspection, arrange any necessary general maintenance and repairs
- Deal with all correspondence relating to the property on behalf of the Landlord and forward all additional mail for the Landlord’s attention to a specified address
- Arrange settlement of repairs bills and utility bills on receipt of transferred funds from Landlord
- Confirm accurate meter readings etc and forward these onto the utility supplier
Tenant Finding Service
When the Landlord is looking to manage the tenancy direct but would prefer not having the hassle of the work required in finding a suitable tenant, Robertson Property Management Limited can provide this service including,
- Advertising the property both locally and nationally accompanied viewings
- Processing tenant applications including character and financial references
- Preparation of lease paperwork in line with current Scottish Legislation.
House of Multiple Occupants (HMO)
Should you wish to apply for or renew a licence for your property to be registered for 3 or more unrelated tenants (i.e. Multiple Occupants), we can assist and advise you through the additional requirements as set down by current legislation: completion of the initial application and subsequent renewals which involves liaison with relevant personnel e.g. appropriate local authority, fire brigade and contractors; attendance at the property to undertake fire risk assessment and all necessary paperwork relating to evacuation procedures. We can also personally represent the client at the Licensing Committee meeting if and when required.
Robertson Property Management Limited will take photographs of the property (exterior and interior) and prepare detailed and accurate property schedules. These will be advertised both on the Robertson Property Management Limited website, national websites to which we subscribe to and in the window of our office, situated within Dundee city centre.
Landlords must ensure that they arrange the relevant landlord’s buildings insurance cover (and contents cover should you rent the property out as furnished). Robertson Property Management Limited can arrange this on your behalf should you require.
As part of the comprehensive service, Robertson Property Management Limited will prepare the relevant documentation required prior to the commencement of any tenancy.
Should the tenancy be terminated by Robertson Property Management Limited at/with Landlord agreement, the appropriate paperwork will be served to the tenant(s).
A photographic and written inventory is prepared for all properties prior to occupation to record the condition of the property and its contents.
In the event that a property requires general maintenance Robertson Property Management Limited will either instruct their own independent tradesman or the preferred tradesman as advised by the Landlord.
Robertson Property Management Limited will collect and forward the deposit from the Tenant to an approved deposit scheme and will only return the deposit to the tenant at the end of the tenancy once the final inspection of the property is carried out and proof has been provided that all debts have been settled. Should the property be returned in an unsatisfactory condition, we will seek to deduct expenses from the deposit incurred in returning the property to the condition it was presented to the tenants at the time the tenancy commenced (fair wear & tear accepted). The Tenant may lodge a dispute for such deductions and the deposit scheme’s Arbitration Service may become involved. At this point in the deposit process it will take 72 working days for a decision to be made.
Robertson Property Management Limited can offer a property furnishing service. As part of this service we will inspect the property’s existing furnishings (if any) and submit a detailed report to you about any recommended changes to improve the standard of the property (thus attracting more interest). We will also organize and oversee the purchase and installation of suitable furniture, appliances and equipment, fitting of carpets and arrange for the decoration of the property if required.
Conclusion of Tenancy
When a tenancy is coming to an end (as instructed by either party) Robertson Property Management Limited will be responsible for finalising the tenancy. This will include the carrying out of a final inspection and deposit refund.